Legislative Process Day
|Meet Your Action Committee Members, Left to right: Karen Nibler (Social Policy), Peggy Lynch (Natural Resources), Kappy Eaton (Governance), and Alice Bartelt (Action Committee Chair). Not present in this photo are other Action Committee Members: Marge Easley (Land Use), Norman Turrill (Governance), and Paula Krane (Public Access).|
Legislative Process Day • January 17, 2013
Registration opened at 9:30 AM and Program ran from 10:00AM to 2:00PM at the Oregon State Capitol in Room 50. The event was co-sponsored by LWVOR, the Oregon Commission for Women, AAUW of Oregon, and Oregon NOW.
Be sure to register early for the Day at the Legislature in April 2013 (TBD) as this event filled to capacity and people had to be turned away.
Highlights of Legislative Process Day 1/17/13
• Attorney General, Ellen Rosenblum
• System Director of the Early Learning Councils, Jada Rupley
• House Speaker, Tina Kotek
• President of the National Popular Vote Board, Barry Fadem
• Oregon’s legislative process
• National Popular Vote skit
• Preview of issues in the 2013 legislative session
• How to have an impact